Friday, 18 December 2015

A New embroidery project

 A New Project

Bag Front
I came across this project in Stitch magazine. It looked interesting so I decided to give it a try.
The first thing I did was cut a bag in two. I then cut a few strips of cloth and sewed them (frayed edges as well) on to the bag front. This hopefully gives the painting and embroidery more depth.
I cut a few lace flowers out. For the stems I have used crochet thread. I then mixed blue and white fabric paint and painted the sky.

 Here I stated to paint the field. I used various shades of green fabric paint. I also added yellow to mix as I went along.
 Now the base is complete I started to add hand and machine embroidery.

 I have added a few french knots and machine embroidered 3 daisies so far. I will be adding yellow beads to the centre.
The book  I am working the project from is Layer Stich and Paint by Wendy Dolan.