Tuesday, 20 January 2015

A bluebell embroidery with a few tips on how I've embroidered it.

The light wasn't very good when I took this picture.
I made a transfer of an orignal embroidery of the woods that I made a few years ago. I backed the material first with 3 sheets of medium interfacing.
I have embroidered the trees with different shades of grey cotton. I used freestyle embroidery, and put the machine on straight stitch.

This picture shows where I have added the tree leaves using different shades of green cotton. I've also embroidered the grass verges. Again I used freestyle machine embroidery. For this part of the embroidery I used zig-zag stitch set to 1 mm and 1.5 mm.
I still have to embroider the bluebells.
Once finished the picture will be stretched and framed.

Completed. 
The embroidery is now ready for stretching and framing.
I have trimmed the ends from the front and rear of the picture, and will be framing it in the next couple of days.
Post a Comment