Saturday 2 August 2014

Reincarnation?


Reincarnation, according to my dictionary is the rebirth of a soul in successive bodies: one of a series of such transmigrations.
For myself, I veer between totally believing in reincarnation, but unfortunately logic quickly steps in and I tell myself that it is simply impossible to return as someone else. I know that we all live on in our family genes, passed down from generation to generation. Or is it really true that we can actually live again as another person? Do we really get to choose the family we want to live with? Scientists would tell us definitely not. Who can blame them? What if you make the wrong choice, are you allowed to return? Of course not. Once here you have to stay the course. No doubt next time around you will choose more carefully. That's of course if there is such a thing as reincarnation. 
What happens if you don't want to come back? Say if you've led (I'm surmising here) a few devastating lives and need a rest after all the angst you've been through. Are you allowed to stay behind, so to speak? In fact, I should imagine that there are millions of people out there who would balk at the thought of returning to this trouble world. I know I wouldn't, not if I'd met up with my family, my friends, and my beloved dogs. No way, I would stay with my loved ones.
I've read that the more spiritually developed among us move into higher realms. I wonder where they are, and what they do when they inhabit these realms.
I once knew a medium who told me that she'd visited a few places where highly developed mediums go after they die, I wish I had asked her what would happen to her family when they died? Would she still see them, would she be there  be there to welcome them after their death? This medium told me that there were beautiful halls of music and many halls of learning, on any subject you cared to choose, in the higher realms.
I've never met anyone who has experienced a previous life. I've read numerous books on the subject, but have remained unconvinced by them.
There are of course the occasions when you meet someone and ponder on when you met them before. A kind of instant recognition. A medium told me once that this is because you knew the person in a past life. Numerous people when travelling recognise an area they travel through (I've had this happen to me three times) and can point out landmarks and other features that they say have altered. Very strange and it does make you think. It's still not definite proof though, is it?
Our dreams can take us into past lives -or so I'm told. I do recall a couple of dreams I've had about places that I've never been to before. I've checked them out and the places and the years coincided with my dreams. That made me think, but again it's not proof.
In my novels, my main characters time travel to other lives they have led. It’s a recurring, fascinating theme with me. It’s easy to believe through the power of the written word in novels that, yes, we can revisit the past and discover the truth of our existence.
Link to all my books on Amazon  http://tinyurl.com/ky798qr




No comments: