Sunday 13 July 2014

Spiritualism?

It isn't that I don't believe in psychic phenomena, I do. But I spend a lot of time questioning it, and all that it involves. To me this is a good thing. I have never ever accepted anything at face value. I'm the type of person who likes to know the ins and outs about everything.
I had a friend who was the exact opposite to me in this respect; particularly to do with the Supernatural. If someone told her Queen Victoria was with her, she would accept it. Strangely enough very few people have ever told me that I have anyone with me. I've had mediums tell me that I have an old woman or an old man with me. That's about it. Sounded like a good get out to me. When I used to go for readings I expected to be given names, dates, or an address or two. Maybe a description, to my utter disappointment no-one ever told me anything. I gave up in the end.
Close family relatives,who have passed away are, in fact, always with us. We carry their genes, from both sets of parents. If we loved them in life, then death is not a separator, we go on loving them for always after they've gone. We can't bring them back, but remembering them keeps them alive in our mind and our families.
People derive a lot of comfort from visiting mediums. I feel this is a very good thing. I'm always happy to hear stories from people who have had proof that their loved ones are with them in spirit. How wonderful that must be for them. Whenever I used to visit shows, where mediums gave readings from the stage to an audience, I must confess I was never impressed. The messages were always vague and inclusive. At times, I had the impression that the medium tried their hardest to make it fit. Of course, it could have been me wanting to receive a lot more proof than they gave. I never went with the intention of disbelieving; on the contrary, I wanted to believe in them. Hope springs eternally! I've accepted I will never receive conclusive proof of life after death, from a medium, or a clairvoyant. This does not mean that I don't believe that life continues. I do, but maybe it is in a different way to how anyone can ever imagine.




No comments: