Friday 23 May 2014

A short visit from Spirit?



Boyden 2000 - 2013
I was feeling particularly low a few days ago. I'm ill with Bells Palsy, my husband son and dog have also been under the weather, so my normal positive outlook was taking a real battering. Of course I knew that things would turn around in time, but that didn't help at that time.
Lying in bed late that night I suddenly saw my friend who died a few years ago, she had my beloved dog Boyden with her. My friend was wearing a tan coloured smart jacket ,and a smart pair of trousers. She was sitting on the floor, with Boyden lying beside her. He was looking at me and wagging his tail, his tongue  hanging out.
My friend said, 'Everything will be fine, Cal, don't worry.' She smiled, and the picture faded from my mind.
Imagination? Maybe, who knows. It helped me, so it was meant to be. I fell into the deepest sleep that I have had since falling ill.
My husband and dog are now on the mend, and my positive outlook is back on track.. 

No comments: