Tuesday 1 April 2014

A review of my latest read.


I've just finished Annie Murray's latest novel, Meet Me Under the Clock. Annie has done her usual impeccable research. The story begins in Birmingham, during WW 2. It follows the lives of an ordinary working class family, and their next door neighbour. The story tells of the jobs the women had to take during this period, such as working on the railways while the men folk were abroad fighting the war. It tells of the joys and heartaches experienced by the women waiting anxiously to hear news of their husbands, boyfriends. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
The characters are believable at times my heart ached for the young women in the story. Oh, and the men's stories are powerful and very moving.
The book is available in paperback and on Kindle from Amazon, and bookshops.

NEW MEDIUMSHIP
This is an inspirational book, I've read it a couple of times and I enjoy dipping in and out of it. It's available in paperpack. I have it on my Ipad. It's also available in other formats.
Link to New Mediumship
http://tinyurl.com/ojndyue

No comments: